We collect two types of information about Equity Finders users and all visitors to the Site: (1) personally-identifiable information provided by you as well as information we learn about you from your use of our services and the Site; and (2) aggregate information that can't be used to identify a particular visitor (see the following "Cookies" explanation).
We employ common web technologies that help to manage the Site, among them:
Website Usage Data - With or without cookies, the Site keeps track of usage data, such as the source address that a page request is coming from (i.e., your IP address and domain name), date and time of the page request, the referring website (if any), and other parameters in the URL (e.g., search criteria). We may use this data to better understand website usage in the aggregate to determine which areas of the Site users prefer (e.g., based on the number of visits to those areas), and we may make this aggregated information available to third parties as part of our business. This information is stored in log files and used for aggregated and statistical reporting. It is not attributed to you as an individual.
We may collect additional information from you in relation to promotions that we run, and also any information you provide when corresponding with us.
We, or third parties specifically selected by us, may use your information for the following purposes:
- Ensuring that the content of the site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your and for your device (computer/tablet/phone...)
- Providing you with information or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- Notifying you about changes to the Site or our services, where applicable
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site. Any transmission of data is at your risk.
We recognize industry standards and employ security safeguards to protect personally identifiable information from unauthorized access and misuse. All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions will be protected and safeguarded by encryption during data transit and storage. We will not disclose to third parties any personally identifiable information that you provide without your consent, except as necessary to provide services you have specifically requested. Once we have received your information, we will use industry standard procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access to that information.
Equity Finders may disclose your personal information to any member of the Independent group of companies, which means our subsidiaries, our holding companies and their subsidiaries
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If all or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.